Energy and Climate
Mannington is keenly focused on reducing our energy use and greenhouse gas footprint.
Better Plants Partner
With a determined goal to improve energy efficiency by 25% over the next ten years, Mannington is progressing with ongoing, rigorous energy management efforts to increase the energy efficiency of all of its operations. We are also dedicated to reduce related carbon emissions. Click here to learn more.
Mannington’s New Jersey Solar Array
We operate & utilize 3.3 acres of over 3,900 solar panels on seven rooftops of various buildings throughout our New Jersey facility, and are pleased that this is the largest solar array in the flooring industry. Nearly 1,000,000 kWh of clean energy are generated by this solar system, helping power our Salem site. The annual kWh clean energy outputs are the results of two distinct solar systems.
The links below display the individual outputs of the first and second solar projects. The first link displays the phase I energy output , and the second displays the phase II output.
Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions
Energy from the Sun drives the Earth’s weather and climate. The Earth absorbs energy from the Sun, and also radiates energy back into space. Much of the energy that goes back to space is absorbed by “greenhouse” gases in the atmosphere. Greenhouse gases enter the atmosphere as a result of natural and industrial processes. There is scientific evidence to suggest that as the concentration of greenhouse gases increase there is an increased potential for the climate to change.
- Mannington is dedicated to reducing its energy consumption and greenhouse gas footprint
- Mannington plans to reduce its emissions intensity by 25% over 10 years.
- Mannington has implemented energy efficiency projects that have resulted in nearly 6 million kWh savings and 4,239 tons of CO2e avoided annually.
- Mannington grew to 12 separate North American facilities in 2012 with the addition of Amtico to Mannington's family.
For more information about the Climate Registry, please visit http://www.theclimateregistry.org
EPA SmartWaySM Transport Partnership
Since 2010 Mannington has been a Partner helping to reduce transit related carbon dioxide and nitrogen oxide by improving the environmental performance of our freight operations. In 2013 Mannington received a SmartWay Excellence Award for our program performance and leadership.
- Launched in February 2004, the SmartWay Transport Partnership aims to achieve fuel savings of up to 150 million barrels of fuel per year. The Partnership currently has over 3,000 Partners. Click here to learn more.