Laminate Care and Maintenance
You can protect your Mannington Laminate Floor by following these easy guidelines.
A Mannington Laminate Floor is the closest thing there is to a "maintenance free" floor.
The melamine-impregnated surface with aluminum oxide makes it resistant to dirt and dust. Ordinarily vacuuming or sweeping is usually sufficient to keep the floor clean. If needed, occasionally clean with a cloth or mop (micro-fiber or terrycloth hooded) slightly moistened with Mannington's Ultra Clean System.
- Never flood the floor with water.
- Do not use soap-based detergents, as these may leave a dull finish on your floor.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners, steel wool or scouring powder, as these may scratch your floor.
- Never wax, polish, sand or lacquer a Mannington Laminate Floor.
- Use doormats outside each entrance to your home to prevent dirt, sand, grit and other substances such as oil, asphalt and driveway sealer from being tracked onto your floor.
- For furnishings, use wide-bearing, non-staining floor protectors, such as clear, hard plastic or non-staining felt protectors, for heavy furnishings.
- Promptly remove all liquid spills, including pet urine.
- For items not covered by the following chart, call Mannington Consumer Services at 1-800-FLOOR-US (1-800-356-6787).
The overall stain resistance of Mannington Laminate floors is excellent and most spills will wipe off quickly and easily with a clean, white cloth. Removing certain substances may take a little extra effort, as outlined below:
Juice, wine, grease, chocolate
Dampen a rag with Mannington Ultra Clean and spot clean.
Cigarette burns, asphalt, shoe polish, paint, crayon, ink, dried foods, nail polish
Dampen rag with alcohol or nail polish remover and spot clean.
Candle wax, chewing gum
Allow to harden and gently scrape with a plastic scraper.
Purchasing Mannington floor care product
NOTE: External Link - By clicking on the image above, you will leave Mannington’s website and will enter 1877FloorGuy.com. Please direct all customer service inquries regarding purchase of our floor care products to 1877FloorGuy.com's customer service department.