You can protect your Mannington Hardwood Floor by following these easy guidelines.
- Wood is a natural product that lives in a comfort zone of 35% - 55% relative humidity, and between 60 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit. To ensure the long life of your wood floor, the HVAC system should remain active at all times.
- Sweep or vacuum regularly, since built-up grit can damage the finish and surface of hardwood. The vacuum head must be a brush or felt type. Be certain the wheels of the vacuum are clean and do not damage the finish. Do not use a vacuum with a beater bar head.
- Remove spills promptly using a soft cloth and cleaning products recommended by Mannington.
- Never mop or flood your floor with water or other products. This can severely damage the flooring.
- The use of Mannington maintenance and floor-care products is highly recommended.
- Do not use oil soaps, liquid or paste wax products or other household cleaners that contain lemon oil, tung oil or ammonia.
- Keep pets nails trimmed and paws clean and free of dirt, gravel, grease, oil and stains.
- Use a dolly and protective sheets of plywood when moving heavy objects.
- Make certain furniture casters and floor protectors are clean and operate properly minimum of 1" continuous width is recommended).
- Remove shoes with spiked or damaged heels before walking on the floor.
Hardwood Stain Solver
Even stubborn stains can be removed from your Mannington Wood Floor quickly and easily. Here's how to keep yours looking like new:
- Start with the first procedure listed.
- Only do the procedures necessary to resolve the problem. Always use a clean white cloth for wiping up stains, and turn it frequently to avoid spreading the stain.
- Rinse with clean water and allow area to dry between procedures.
- For items not covered by the following chart, call Mannington Consumer Services at 1-800-FLOOR-US (1-800-356-6787).
|Candle wax, chewing gun
Fill a plastic bag with ice and put it on the wax or gum until it becomes brittle enough to flake off. Then wipe area with a clean cloth dampened with mineral spirits. With a clean cloth gently wipe any remaining particles off.
Scrape excess off with a dull knife.
For shallow surface burns, rub gently with fine steel wool coated lightly with mineral spirits. For deeper burns, scrape away charred areas with a small dull knife. Then rub the surface with fine steel wool and mineral spirits once more. Use the Mannington touch-up kit to finish.
Purchasing Mannington floor care product
NOTE: External Link - By clicking on the link above, you will leave Mannington’s website and will enter 1877FloorGuy.com. Please direct all customer service inquries regarding purchase of our floor care products to 1877FloorGuy.com's customer service department.