Green Building Design and Construction
LEED for New Construction
• You are building a new commercial, office, or institutional building.
• You are building a new hotel or residential building of 4 or more habitable stories.
• You are renovating an existing building.
• The owner or tenant will occupy more than 50% of the leasable square footage of the building.
LEED for Schools
• You are building a new K-12 school or renovating an existing K-12 school.
• You are building a new nonacademic building on a school campus.
Green Interior Design and Construction
LEED for Commercial Interiors
• Your project is a tenant fit-out of an office, retail, or institutional space.
• Only tenants who lease their space or do not occupy the entire building are eligible.
Green Building Operations and Maintenance
LEED for Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance
• You are operating an existing commercial or institutional building including: offices, retail and service
establishments, institutional buildings, hotels, and residential buildings of 4 or more habitable stories.
• You are performing a system upgrade or minor space-use change, or minor facility alterations or
additions of an existing building.
• This is a whole building rating system; individual tenant spaces are ineligible.