In our ISO 14001 EMS, we evaluate the significant environmental aspects and impacts of our activities, products, and services at least annually and establish specific objectives and targets for continual improvement.
For 2021 in the Georgia Carpet/Rigid Core/Rubber operation, examples of focus are:
- Improve product transparency for carpet and rubber products
- Rework of scrap back into modular products
- Expand recycling of scrap at Rubber
For 2021 in the Georgia LVT operations, examples of focus are:
- Improve product transparency for LVT
- Increase recycling efforts
- Reduction of landfill waste by 10%
For 2021 in the New Jersey residential and commercial sheet operations, examples of focus are:
- Continuing operational scrap reductions
- Reduction of scrap to landfill
Examples of some accomplishments last year are shown below:
In 2020 the Georgia carpet/Rigid Core/Rubber operation focused on and achieved:
- Integrated Rigid Core and Rubber into EMS.
- Achieved packaging reduction at modular.
In 2020 the Georgia LVT operation focused on and achieved:
- Achieved a 25% reduction in waste to landfill.
- Increased recycling from internal and corporate sources.
In 2020 the New Jersey resilient and commercial sheet operations focused on and achieved:
- Continued operational waste reductions – Improvement, remains 2021 target.