To assure no adverse effects of our business on the environment and the health and safety of:
- Our associates
- Local Communities
- Our customers
Mannington is committed to:
- Preventing releases to the atmosphere, land, or water in amounts that may harm human health or the environment.
- Taking responsibility for any harm we cause the environment and making every reasonable effort to remedy the damage caused to people or ecosystems.
- Training our associates in policies and procedures and promoting excellence in job and environmental performance.
- Complying with and often exceeding all applicable environmental, safety, and health regulations and other requirements to which we subscribe.
- Management systems that ensure continual environmental improvement.
- Pursuing process and formulation improvements that incorporate the use of safer and/or more environmentally preferable raw materials.
- Aggressive pollution prevention, waste reduction, recycling, and reclamation programs.
- Environmentally safe waste treatment and disposal services.
- Influencing our supply chain toward continual environmental improvement.
- Employing environmental conscience and life cycle thinking in the design of our products.
- Incorporating energy and water efficiency into the evaluation, selection and development of new equipment and processes.
- Measuring environmental impacts and resource consumption on an ongoing basis to monitor our performance.
- Identifying environmental and energy best practices at individual sites and working to implement these best practices corporate-wide.
- Significantly reduce energy & water intensity, and greenhouse gas emissions, compared with the baseline year.
- Leveraging our investments and government resources in the pursuit of energy efficiency and renewable energy alternatives.
- Reviewing and setting environmental objectives to foster continual improvement.
- Communicating this policy to all associates and making it available to the public.
President & CEO, Mannington Mills