ADURA®APEX Care and Maintenance
You can protect your Mannington ADURA®APEX Floor by following these easy guidelines.
- Use doormats outside each entrance to your home to prevent dirt, sand, grit and other substances such as oil, asphalt and driveway sealer from being tracked onto your floor. Use non-staining mats on your floor. Do not put rubber-backed, latex-backed or coco fiber mats on your floor because they will stain or damage the surface.
- To minimize potential staining from asphalt tracking, we suggest you use a latex-based driveway sealer on your driveway.
- Close your curtains or blinds where extreme sunlight hits the floor. A combination of heat and sunlight causes most home furnishings to fade or discolor.
- Support furniture with wide-bearing, non-staining floor protectors. Ideally, the protectors should be at least one inch in diameter, made of non-pigmented hard plastic, and rest flat on the floor. Non-staining felt protectors are also acceptable. Casters with a minimum 3/4" flat surface width or floor protectors are recommended for all moveable furniture. Make sure any metal protectors are rust-proof. Replace your narrow dome furniture rests with wide-bearing ones.
- If you need to move heavy furniture and/or appliances across the floor, always use strips of wood or hardboard runways to protect the floor. Always use runways even if you have an appliance dolly, or even if the heavy objects are equipped with wheels or rollers.
ADURA®APEX Floors Maintenance
- Sweep your floor regularly (at least once per week).
- Prevent stains by wiping up spills promptly.
- Occasional mopping with is recommended when dirt builds up and sweeping alone is not sufficient. Use a solution of clear, non-sudsy ammonia based cleaner in one gallon of warm water. Use of more than the recommended amount of cleaning solution may leave a dulling film. Do not use soap or detergent products as they will leave a dulling film. Rinsing is not required but if time permits, rinsing will provide the best care.
- ADURA®APEX floors are low-gloss floors; use polish or "mop and shine" products only if you wish to make the floor shiny.
ADURA®APEX Floors Stain Solver
The overall stain resistance of our Mannington ADURA®APEX
floors is excellent and most spills will wipe off quickly and easily with a clean, white cloth. Removing certain substances may take a little extra effort, as outlined in the chart below.
- Start with first step listed.
- Only do steps necessary to resolve the problem
- Always use a clean, white cloth for wiping up stains and turn it frequently to avoid spreading the stain.
- Rinse with clean water and allow area to dry between steps.
- If stain removal causes a change in gloss level, apply polish per recommended guidelines.
- For items not covered by the chart, call Mannington Customer Care at 1-800-FLOOR-US (1-800-356-6787).
Mannington approves the use of residential steam based cleaners that are designed for use on hard surface floors.
- Never flood the floor with water.
- Do not use soap-based detergents, as these may leave a dull finish on your floor.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners, steel wool or scouring powder, as these may scratch your floor.
- Never wax, polish, sand or lacquer a Mannington ADURA® floor.
- Use doormats outside each entrance to your home to prevent dirt, sand, grit and other substances such as oil, asphalt and driveway sealer from being tracked onto your floor.
- For furnishings, use wide-bearing, non-staining floor protectors, such as clear, hard plastic or non-staining felt protectors for heavy furnishings.
- Promptly remove all liquid spills.
||If a substance is gummy, scrape off with dull knife. Clean with a soft nylon pad or soft bristle brush. Saturate a clean, white cloth with bleach solution, cover stain and allow to stand for no more than 1 hour.
|Tar, Oil, Asphalt, Grease, Wax, Paint (oil-based)
||Scrape excess substance off with dull knife. Clean with a soft nylon pad or soft bristle brush.
|Scuffs, Marks, Scratches
||Wipe with a clean, white cloth dampened with lighter fluid, painter's naphtha or isopropyl alcohol.
|Minor Cuts, Burns
||Limit traffic over damaged area, cover with masking tape, contact your retailer or Mannington for advice.
||Scrape excess off with dull knife. Clean with a soft nylon pad or soft bristle brush. Wipe with a clean, white cloth dampened with lighter fluid, painter's naphtha or isopropyl alcohol. Saturate a clean, white cloth with bleach* solution, cover stain and allow to stand for no more than 1 hour.
||Clean with a soft nylon pad or soft bristle brush. Saturate a clean, white cloth with bleach* solution, cover stain and allow to stand for no more than 1 hour.
|Crayon, Ink, Hair Dye, Permanent Marker
||Clean with a soft nylon pad or soft bristle brush. Wipe with a clean, white cloth dampened with lighter fluid, painter's naphtha or isopropyl alcohol.**
|Mineral spirits, lighter fluid, painter's naphtha, and isopropyl alcohol are flammable liquids. Please follow precautions listed on the container.
Purchasing Mannington floor care product
NOTE: External Link - By clicking on the image above, you will leave Mannington’s website and will enter 1877FloorGuy.com. Please direct all customer service inquries regarding purchase of our floor care products to 1877FloorGuy.com's customer service department.