When you first decide to update your flooring, there are many things to take into consideration. Aside from having floors that are durable and visually appealing, Mannington offers other attributes that can help make the decision easy for you. When you choose Mannington, you’re opting to buy from a family-owned company that cares deeply not only about our products, but about the environment, community, company values and more. Discover why you should choose Mannington below.
We’ve been around for over 100 years.
Mannington Mills was founded, and is still headquartered, in Salem, New Jersey in 1915. Times may have changed, but Mannington and its associates still live by this mission statement: to be the best people to do business with in the flooring industry. As Chairman of the Board Keith Campbell says, “What makes us unique is we have a set of company values that have been around for generations: care, do the right thing, work hard/play hard, and control our own destiny. We live those values every day. It's the secret to our longevity and success."
We’re family owned.
Started by John Boston Campbell, Mannington is in its fifth generation of family ownership. This is a rare achievement for any business, as only one percent of family-owned businesses survive to the fifth generation. John started the company to stay close to his two sons, so Mannington was (and remains!) a true family business. In 2016, Mannington was honored as the “New Jersey Family Business of the Year " by Fairleigh Dickinson University's Rothman Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
We’re environmentally responsible.
We believe in doing the right thing for our customers, our neighbors, and our products, as well as the environment we share. At Mannington, sustainability comes down to the decisions we make every day and how those decisions flow outward to the world around us.
There are many initiatives we undertake to ensure that we are sustainable:
• Since the 1980’s, we’ve been using a more natural option than pesticides by installing and managing gourds for Purple Martins, birds that migrate from Brazil to the United States for the summer months and eat massive amounts of insects.
• We operate & utilize over 3,900 solar panels (3.3 acres!) on seven rooftops of various buildings across our New Jersey facility, and have one of the largest solar arrays in the flooring industry.
• As part of an effort to show how an industrial enterprise can co-exist with the agricultural and farming community and positively contribute to both, in 2009 our New Jersey site began to house honeybees and is now home to as many as 5 honeybee colonies. This effort followed with similar honeybee colony at our Florida manufacturing facility.
• We have several manufacturing locations that are ISO 14001 registered. This is an environmental standard that provides a system for continual improvement in environmental performance.
We work with our community.
As a fifth generation, family-owned business, we feel a responsibility to help those around us and to make our communities safe and help them thrive. Below are a few ways Mannington helps our community:
• Our associates are actively involved in large national charities like United Way, Meals on Wheels, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and American Red Cross, as well as local programs.
• To demonstrate our gratitude for the sacrifices of our nation’s veterans and their families, we have an ongoing partnership with both the Gary Sinise RISE Foundation and Operation FINALLY HOME, organizations that provide custom-built, specially adapted mortgage-free homes to wounded veterans.
• Since 2003, we've hosted an annual “Art is Cool” program which recognizes the talent of students from local high schools.
• In 1988, Mannington’s Johnny Campbell and a group of civic-minded residents launched “Stand Up for Salem”, a volunteer based non-profit organization which focuses on inner city revitalization through grass root neighborhood projects.
• Through our partnership with Habitat for Humanity, we regularly donate flooring that has been used in our trade show booths and for new product photo shoots that otherwise may have been discarded and ended up in a landfill.
• Each year we award the Stand On A Better World Scholarship to two graduating seniors from Salem County, NJ high schools.
• We support innovation in education and support Atlanta’s innovative Ron Clark Academy, a middle school that has received worldwide recognition for its success through unconventional teaching methods. Our donation will help with ongoing capital funding needs, including the construction of a new building on its current campus.
There are plenty of factors that go into choosing your flooring, but when you choose Mannington, you can feel good knowing you selected a company that cares deeply about the environment, local communities, education and more.